Digital Marketing for Floral Industry
We cannot stress enough on the need to go digital! With online purchases reflecting an upward trend in every industry and no signs of slowing down, enterprises must adapt and jump on the digital bandwagon.
There are numerous options for florists to take advantage of. While being useful they may also seem overwhelming, leaving one undecided of as to how to begin.
Were here to shed some sunshine, please refers to our compilation below:
· Quality Content- Content is the most crucial and focal point of all marketing efforts. Without value content, promotions of the products would be futile. As a best practice, we suggest attractive imagery with a quirky line or two. You may also pen short articles exhibiting your knowledge of flowers.
Since you are advertising florals, perhaps it would be best to hone your photography skills. As you wouldn’t want to spend a whoop every time you need to post something. Instead of investing in a professional camera, a good quality phone can also get the work done!
· Social Media- Once you enter the social media space, there is no limit to the possibilities of your growth all over the world. There are billions of active netizens and numbers increase further each day. We simply cannot ignore this market!
Apart from stunning illustrations, you would have to employ other tools to enhance visibility and engagement. Such as- paid ads, giveaways, contests, special offers, surveys, polls etc.
Now put yourself out there, build your presence on the major portals- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Pinterest!
· Website Creation- Allow people to find you at a virtual space of your own. One where you could retain all data pertaining to your business at one place. Be sure to make it appealing as well as quick & user friendly. It should be engaging and providing visitors what they are looking for.
Researching websites of other businesses in your industry and pick up their best features. It might help you develop designs of your own.
· Vlogging- Some marketers are of the opinion that now is not the right time for blogging anymore, it was 10 years ago. As times progress, making people busier than before it is wise to offer things quick and easy. Besides, videos create better brand visibility and retention.
Viewers would be more attentive to visual aids than penmanship. The best platform is the globally prevalent- YouTube. Create your business’s channel and post short interactive videos making you and your business more personable. It doesn’t always need to be around a fancy theme; videos could be about day to day workings as well.
· Google Ads- Paid ads are an effective way to stand out in the ocean of businesses. Through this feature, targeted marketing campaigns can be permitted. You may choose where and whom to direct the ads. The costs for this come back to you along with profits earned. In order to not waste marketing funds, be sure to adjust your reach to those who live in the vicinity of your shop.
There are many kinds of ads you may choose from, such as- Search Ads, Display Ads, etc.
· Google Listings- Must help the clients find where you are! Register yourself on Google’s My Business Account and keep it well updated. However, please note that all details pertaining to the functioning of your business need to be present. Google levies penalty for any incomplete information. Adding images of your storefront is vital here.
It is important to achieve a good ranking in this feature, as it’ll move up your ranking in searches. That can be done by adding your location in all online posts / activities or by winning more reviews from customers.
· Google and Yelp Reviews- The more the merrier! In the online marketplace, reviews go a long way in securing trust of prospective clients. Reviews are like testimonials left by customers and a very inexpensive form of marketing. Your brand’s ability to leverage & influence these opinions would prove fruitful.
Encourage purchasers by offering them discounts if they leave a review on the spo! t. Post your customer’s experiences on your website as well. Yelp also allows you to contact unhappy customers who left unfavorable reviews.
We hope this has given you some clarity. Start your own marketing campaign, tell us how you fared!